when in doubt...reedit

Posted by Gabrielle Martin on Friday, November 5, 2010. Filed under:


So I went to seattle this august for almost 3 weeks (was supposed to shoot a model while in tacoma and portland but it fell through). Prior to the 7 hour flight, the hectic connecting flights I had a shoot with an old friend from elementary school named India. India was always tall and lean, beautiful brown skin and had the biggest smile so when I received an email from her asking to shoot I jumped for joy and booked her. We shot the day before I flew out (worst thing to do), I was in a bad mental space (i dropped my camera...almost in a lake!) and had no focus nor goal for the shoot so when I went to edit the images I was disappointed. I just took a look at her session again and although I love the new editing, I just offered her a free reshoot. I like the photos but I don't LOVE them which tells me I didn't do my best.

When I first started photography someone told me "You are forever an amateur, aspiring. Your professionalism is how you carry yourself and represent your brand but if you are consistently okay with your work you are not a good photographer. You are simply taking a picture not capturing a photo."

I suppose my dissatisfaction is a sign I am growing.

No Responses to when in doubt...reedit

Leave a Reply