a symphony of unfinished thoughts

Posted by Gabrielle Martin on Monday, November 15, 2010.

Spent the week shooting beautiful people with long limbs and sun kissed cheeks, productive and artistically happy.

The strangest things inspire me, it can be a sound or a smell- nothing and something all at the same time.

Someone asked me recently would I consider going to school for my photography or would I continue my trial and error ways, I may take a class here or there for studio setups and lighting as I have no real background in that but I am no longer tricked into believing a piece of paper legitimizes my intelligence. I went to college and finished one degree program that is pretty much useless now and began another before I found the courage to stop the cycle of needing verification. I know what I know and I know the best way to show it is not by waving a piece of paper but by simply doing it. Degrees are useful to people of the other world, I do not clock in nor do I ever clock out. My desk is riddled with purple roses and books on warhol, basquiat and sarah moon..those are my teachers and the world is my test. Doctors, lawyers, teachers etc. require a certificate..artist require a special eye and a soul and whichever tool they need to color the world as they see it.

Comments are closed.